2020 Storytellers

Digital Storytelling Reflection

Attached is a link to my reflection of how I plan to use Digital Storytelling in my career, graduate school, and personal use. I’ve enjoyed this class, and can’t wait to use the tools in the future! https://www.sutori.com/story/untitled–66Nu6h37rXYGWStmwbJwBVsw

More

The Final Final (Reflection)

The video pretty much says it all, but a quick intro is in order: I was going to create one more video for my family’s “COVID” vlog, 5 in Fairbanks, in which we examine the social distancing experience of 5 homeschool siblings during the 2020 closure.   If you haven’t seen that project, it is […]

More

Race & Privilege in America

I chose to focus my reflection blog on current events in America that mirror discussions that I have participated in recently as part of a multi-cultural class I’m currently enrolled in at UAF. I have always enjoyed narrating and feel like narration is a great way to share stories. I hope you enjoy my story […]

More

Reflection

This course really helped me broaden my horizons moving forward and made me think about a lot of interests that I had let slip to the wayside recently. I am planning on being a teaching assistant for the next academic year, and I’d like to use some of these ideas to hopefully make class more […]

More

Reflection Time!

When thinking about how to use digital storytelling in the future, I ended up thinking about how I could use it with my daughter.   Auri loves YouTube, even though she’s only two and she really probably shouldn’t be spending too much time there.   However, she has a few videos that are her favorite […]

More

The Importance of Interactivity

I thought it seemed rather obvious that digital storytelling adds something to storytelling, but I struggled in finding the words to describe how those additions came to be.   I think my first issue in figuring out this question was differentiating digital storytelling from regular storytelling.   At first, I thought it was obvious. If […]

More

Travel Blog 1: What makes a story good?

Trying to figure out what makes a story good was more difficult than I thought it would be. Since we are using a road trip metaphor this semester, I decided to use a similar analogy for my travel blog response: the guided tour. After all, a story really is somewhat of a guided journey. So, […]

More